Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Remy


We thought it was time to give up the beloved "binky". I've only allowed Remy to use it at naps and sleeping at night. However, the "binky" has been causing sleeping problems lately. When she loses it when sleeping at night, she comes to wake me up, and I have to find it for her. This happens about 2-3 times a night.

We had a FHE in Remy's honor last night. She cut her binky's and we let her pick out a special doll (that of course had a binky) that she could sleep with every night, instead of the binky. We made a huge ordeal about what a big girl she was now, and how she didn't need the binky anymore.

She was so proud of herself, and I thought we were on a roll! She even got to sleep in Caprice's room as a reward.

When I put her to bed that night, and turned off the light, I thought we were in the clear!

Then Remy said, "Okay, can I have my binky now?"
I said, " No, Remy remember we don't need it anymore, because you are a big girl?"
She said, "Fine, I'll suck on my baby's binky!"

It's going to take a little getting used to I guess....

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That little Remy is so cute! Good luck with the binky. Yeah for you for keeping up your blog. I have had so much fun reading all your posts. Hope to see you guys soon!

Sara and Company said...

She showed me here baby and told me all about her being a big girl the other day and cutting her binks. And she did say that she sucked on her babies and that she hates bedtime. ha ha. Hopefully it will all pay off soon. She is such a sweet little peanut!

The Grant Family said...

LOL! Our last "baby" item to get rid of are the sippy's. I've quit giving them to her at night, but they're just so darn convenient during the day!