Monday, June 27, 2011

Simone




I am laying here at an unusual time of day- it is 3:20pm, and I'm waiting for the kids to come home from school. My 2 little kids are farmed out at friends houses (thank you :) !!


I had my gallbladder out Friday, and am actually feeling great, but sore. It takes every thing in my power for me to keep laying down!


I told my Dad I was getting it out, and he said, "Who ever thinks about a gallbladder... , until it goes bad?"


My mom said, "I knew there was something wrong with you since High School, when you'd experience those weird stomach problems."


So, after many tests, the Dr. determined that my gallbladder was only functioning 15 percent. The Dr. said that for a normal adult of my age, it should be functioning 60 percent. So they decided to do surgery to take it out.


I am hoping I will not have any more surprise, painful, flare-ups. Thanks goodness for modern medicine!!

5 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Glad the surgery went well and so glad they knew what was wrong and were able to fix it! Let me know if you need anything. I'll call and get Remy sometime this week :)

Angela said...

I have been thinking about you. I am glad you are doing okay. Keep resting.

Chels said...

I am so glad that you found out what was going on and that you got it out. Hopefully that is the end of random abdominal pain for you! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Nurse Heidi said...

Here's to a fine gut from here on out! (We miss you on the pavement in the wee hours - hope you'll be up to jumping back in to it soon :)!!!)

Kellie said...

You are amazing! I hope you start feeling GREAT! Love and miss you, when can I start talk you into coming out to see me???