Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ahhhh!!

I just had to write about the most horrific thing that happened to Benson yesterday... I'll try to make a long story short...
Benson, as most of you know, works for a home builder, and is required to drive to all the job sites to see how progress is being made, and to sign in on a book, which is located on the ground of the job site, in a safe box. The book is located inside a big black garbage sack (to keep it clean)... Benson puts his hand in and pulls it out, and as he's holding it he notices a brown spider on the cover. He swipes it off (no big deal), and when he opens the book, 2 more spiders crawl out. He swipes those off, signs the book and proceeds to put the book back in the garbage bag. By this time, he is a little curious as to where all the spiders are coming from, and decides to look in the bag. There were thousands of spiders crawling about, big ones, baby ones, eggs, etc.... He drops the bag, out of surprise, and it lands on the ground by his feet. He stomps on the bag, and spiders start ooozing out everywhere. In 2 seconds flat, 2 garden snakes slither up and start feasting on the plethora of spiders. They slither away, and Benson goes to put the book (without the bag) , back in the lockbox. Which is when he discovered many more bulging spider eggs. He stomped on all of them, the best he could, so the next person to open the lock box, would not have a heart attack! The craziest part, is that there was a woman that had signed in the book 3 hours prior. He wondered if she had even noticed the spiders!!? Kinda sounds like the movie Arachnaphobia!

10 comments:

Heather Ashby said...

That is horrible. I bet some people from a distance got a big kick out of him jumping around stomping on things like a crazy man.

Tycksen Family said...

I'm itching all over...YUCK! Poor Benson!

Perschon Family said...

oh my gosh...I have chills thinking about that! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie said...

What is with Benson? First bees, then spiders and snakes?! Yikes! I am sure that I would have had a heart attack. Poor guy!

Jen-ben said...

that's pretty much disgusting. :)

the Brakey's said...

Yikes! Happy early Halloween!

JM Phocion said...

That is awesome. I would have loved to see the snake feasting on all those spiders. Don't care for spiders.

The Grant Family said...

Eeeeewh!!!!

Sara and Company said...

Ok...that seriously wigs me out. I would have just run screaming. Way to be brave, Benson! I forsee the Arachnaphobia nightmares returning! Yuck yuck yuck!!!

Kristen and Co. said...

That is seriously my worst nightmare! Eeechhhh!