Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturdays


Isn't it sometimes nice to have a lazy Saturday once in a while? Or is it better to be busy? Beckhem is walking around the house moaning that there is nothing to do. When I was younger and said that to my mom, she always said, "I can think of lots of chores for you to do..." I don't think there was anything that could've shut me up faster! Maybe I will try that one out.
Bens took the girls skiing to Brighton today. He bought some lift tickets at Brighton, and when he did, he got two children season passes to Brighton for free. It is one of his dreams to get the whole family on the slopes one day. Which reminds me, Caprice has totally amazed me with her skiing this year. She has become quite fearless on the slopes- Bens is always telling her to slooowww dooownnn! Saige is improving every time she goes, she is more timid and cautious, like me, and makes nice, smoothe turns down the hill.
When they got home from skiing, Caprice told me a secret. She told me not to tell daddy that she told me. She continued to say that, "dad accidentally took us on a black diamond ski slope with lots of powder, and there was these big bumps (mogiles), and when we asked him what kind of slope is this, he said you don't want me to answer that! But since dad was such a good guide, we thought it was only a blue..., but then he told us that it was really a black diamond, and we were amazed and felt like professional skiiers!" Dad told me not to tell you because he thought you'd get mad!
(But later on, Bens did tell me (simone) what happened, and I said, "oh, I already know, Caprice told me not to tell you because you thought I'd get mad!"
And Bens said, " I only told them not to tell you, so that they'd think it was a really cool, daring thing they did. I wanted to add to the suspense of it all! )

3 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Ahhh....so proud of you! :) Sean ran into Benson at Great Clips today (BTW)

Tamsen said...

Love that you are blogging again and I'm thrilled to hear from you every day! I've missed you. I still have a blog (private) in case you have forgotten me :)

QUEEN BEE said...

can't wait to get your daily update. i put together a photo book today that was free at walgreens. i think enrichment was good for all of us.