Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sundays




When I was a little kid, I used to (I'm not going to say "hate"), dislike Sundays. I always thought they were soooo boooring, and they would last forever, and we couldn't go anywhere! Since I've been a mother of 4 kids, my perspective has totally changed. I LOVE Sundays. I get to take a nap, Bens helps make Sunday dinner, I don't have to drive the kids to any activities, I try not to do any chores, etc... Now looking back at those "boring Sundays" I had as a kid, I've vowed not to make Sundays boring for my own kids. So we have taken to playing a LOT of board games, Legos (a family favorite), and making treats. Today, my kids decided to take some boxes from the neighbor next door (who always has a stock-pile of cardboard boxes next to his trash cans), and make spaceships. I can't even tell you how many boxes I've had to break down & recycle, since our neighbors told my kids they could take as many boxes as they want! The truth is, I absolutely love when my kids are creative. Ususally it makes a big mess, but they stay occupied for such a long amount of time that it's worth it!

2 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Fun! Now I know where to get boxes. (love how I'm commenting on eVERY post!)

Hefford said...

Thanks for posting. I think you have great things to say. Board games are awesome.