Thursday, January 27, 2011

Caprice


So I'm trying really hard to keep my commitment to write a little something on my blog everyday. I am actually having fun at it! I really try to pay more attention to details throughout my day, so I don't let those "I should write that on my blog" moments go unnoticed. Here is my funny tid-bit of the day:

At dinner we were discussing having good days and bad days, and that sometimes we (the girls in the family), can't always control our emotions, and sometimes we just can't explain why... So, (as Stephanie so eloquently discussed with her daughter, the other day (( I stole her material)) ) we discussed a little bit about "hormones" and how girls at a certain age have them raging through their bodies. I proceeded to tell them that hormones make us act in strange ways sometimes, and that's okay. Sometimes we cry for no reason, or get irritated easy, and that's excusable, but we do ultimately need to learn how to deal with those hormone-induced emotions.

After finishing lecture 101, Caprice's eyes got big, and she excitedly said, "I have that! I have those hormone-thingies! I always feel that way and don't know why!!"

It was like her eyes opened for the first time!

So, if she is already like that, and it's only going to get worse, I am very, very freightened of her becoming a teenager...

1 comment:

The Grant Family said...

Yeah!!!! Doesn't it totally help just for them to know what it is that's causing the problem! Although as they rage stronger in Catie she just gets even madder when you mention the hormones. UGH! I guess that's the real struggle for all of us women....to recognizen and then have the stength to change! Good luck to us both!