I had to laugh the other day as Bens and I were reviewing the "summary of purchases" made from his credit card, throughout the 2010 year. I asked him, "is this really a summary of ALL the purchases you've made last year? It would have to be really long!" And he replied, "well, all the purchases are lumped into different catagories- see, here is gas/resteraunts, grocery stores, and look, here is the store Gameboard Revolution." (As you know, Benson is a total game fanatic, and the games are not cheap!) I was very curious to see how much his purchases from Game Board Revolution totalled. So we looked on the first page and saw the grand total of games was about $653. I said out-loud, "that's not as bad as i thought." As we proceeded to turn the page, we saw another printed out section listed "GameBoard Revolution". I said, " oh look, here's some more purchases from that game store." He embarssedly looked and totalled up another $400 or so..., of course not telling me the amount. And at this point, I had gotten distracted, but when I turned around, I noticed that he was tearing up the statement and throwing it away, to which he remarked, "since when have you ever cared about money/budgets anyway? And why did you coincidentally start caring while reviewing MY credit card statement??" I started laughing so hard, as I realized he spent over $1,000 on games last year! I felt a little more justified for my bad spending habits!
And on another funny note, he bought many of the games for the "kids" for their Christmas presents. Most of them were for him, but he didn't want to have more gifts than the kids, so he started wrapping up some of his games, and putting the kids names on them. So after Beckhem opened the 3rd game in a row, (all of which were games he'd never heard of, that said for players 12 and older), Beck said, "AWH, not another game!" Wish'd I could've gotten that on video!

1 comment:
That is HILARIOUS!!!! We just got Settlers of Catan for Christmas and play it ALL THE TIME. Being the game junkies that you are, I'm sure you must have it. I've heard some game called Ticket to Ride Europe is good. Agricola. Ever heard of these? Fun for next Christmas!
Post a Comment