I have a tendency to try and fit too many things into one day, a bad habit which Bens and I have had many disputes over. It is probably one of his biggest "pet peeves" Bens has about me. A while ago, we agreed to make a "Saturday Schedule" every Saturday, so that we both would be satisfied with how much or what, we were going to set out to do that day. It has helped us to both not feel too overwhelmed.
Today, unfortantely, was an overscheduled, busy day. The problem is, the schedule never goes
exactly according to the time allocated for certain activities. Thus, the whole day feels rushed.
Here was a list of today's busy events:
9am- Bens and Simone run Riverton 1/2 marathon!
Bens (who I must add, never trained for this) ran it in 2:20,
Simone (who has trained all year long) ran it in 1:59, not much faster than Bens who
didn't even care about running it or training for it-totally not fair!!
9am-11:30am- Grandma Dude & Grandma Sue (who were watching the kids while we were at the race, bless them!) , took Caprice to audiology appt., Saige to volleyball practice & Hip Hop rehearsal
12:30pm- Showers (best ones of our lives after long race) & get ready for day
2:00pm- Beckhem indoor soccer game
4:00pm- Remy goes to friend's b-day party, while dad takes Saige, Beck, & Caprice to new Rec. Center to go swimming (not on schedule, but Saige begged to go...)
5:30pm- Feed starving kids dinner (why does swimming make you feel sooo hungry?) Rush to take showers...
6:30pm- Leave for cousins' (Ayden & Dylan Wiseman) house for b-day party.
7:30pm- Go to cousin Carolyn Christensen's wedding reception in Springville
10:00pm- Kids all fall asleep in car & carry them up to their beds (I remember doing that as a kid, and my dad carrying me up to bed- loved it!)
11:30pm-Barely keeping my eyes open as I write this, but feeling guilty for not blogging all week.
GOODNIGHT!

5 comments:
Ack!!! I totally forgot Carolyn's wedding!! I hope it was wonderful.
You guys are busy, but it sounds like it was fun.
nice job on your 1/2 marathon !! and wow, that was a BUSY day! glad you survived it!! miss ya!
Uh...Yes....SUPER busy day! You even handed out b-day inv! itations in the midst of it all. If I ran a 1/2 marathon I'd just crash the rest of the day!!!
Okay, Daisey is me (Stephanie) my mom must have signed into my account while she was here.
Busy, busy, I guess that's the way it goes, right! So proud you did that 1/2 marathon. You're amazing... Love you guys!
Post a Comment